The UK government published a literature review on: “The Maturing of the MOOC – Literature review of massive open online courses and other forms of online distance learning”. The report is summarised in the following headlines:
- Conflicting perspectives on MOOCs divide education communities
- Learning practitioners disagree on the value of MOOCs
- Formal comprehensive analyses of MOOCs mostly concur that they are disruptive and possibly threatening to current HE models
- Reporting of MOOC learner experiences is positive
- The MOOC is maturing – and engaging with its business and accreditation issues.
Report available through firstname.lastname@example.org