The German Federal government together with the States has articulated an ambitious HE internationalisation strategy of 9 priorities, each with specific actions & tools. Among the more salient ones are:
- 33% of German graduates should have studied at least 3 months (15 ECTS) abroad and 50% should have some experience abroad
- the percentage of foreign students in German HE should grow from 11,4% to ca 16% (VU has 1000 out 24000 students = 4%)
- active government support for HEI’s activities to enhance their strategy and services to foreign students
- action to create a more welcoming atmosphere at universities, but also at consulates and immigration services
- creating bridges between international research cooperation, joint educational programming and student mobility
In line with the German government’s strategy, DAAD articulates a strong focus on coherence between international education and international research cooperation and has designed its programmes accordingly.
Reports available through firstname.lastname@example.org.