Last week, the intermediate report of the Voluntary Institutional Metrics Project of 18 American HE institutions was published.
Their new framework urges measurement of five critical issue areas:
- Repayment and default rates on student loans — revealing whether students who’ve graduated can get a job that allows them to repay their education loans;
- Student progression and completion — showing progress toward and completion of a certificate or degree, including critical momentum points;
- Cost per degree — consisting of the costs for an institution to produce a degree;
- Employment outcomes for graduates—indicating a student’s ability to find employment and increase earnings after graduation; and
- Student learning outcomes—telling how effectively an institution delivers and assesses the learning required for a given credential and facilitates comparisons of various institutions’ credential quality.
Report available through email@example.com.
July 15, 2013