In the Aurora Universities Network, both the vice rectors education and the vice rectors research have started to meet as a group to discuss shared concerns and/or aspirations as a basis to learn from and with each other. Let me use this platform to express some of the shared aspirations which I see developing in the VR research group and which we may see developing in the near future:
- To make our universities a really outstanding environment for early research professionals (PhD and post-doc, where they have a really outstanding start of their career
- To enhance the focus on – and appreciation for – research in our universities that is truly contributing to resolve major societal challenges (globally or locally): the Sustainable Development Goals.
- To help our researchers to be as successful as possible in competitive external research funding, whether national, European on private.
- To make our universities leaders in Open Science
- To make our universities standing out in the number and quality of world class research infrastructure – whether physical or virtual.