The British Council has published a report on expected future trends in international student mobility until 2024.
A few findings:
- By 2024, it is expected that there will be 3.85 million outbound mobile higher education students globally.
- Up from 3.04 million in 2011, with India and China contributing 35 percent of global growth during the forecast period.
- Student flows to the UK from Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, the US, Pakistan will be among.
- By 2024, India, China, Indonesia and the US will be home to over 50 percent of the world’s 18-22 year old population.
- Saudi Arabia, Nigeria, Nepal, Pakistan, Iraq, Brazil, Turkey and Indonesia will emerge as important origin markets
Report is available through British Council for $ 250.
October 14, 2013