December 18, 2020
On December 18th 2020, the University of Innsbruck hosted its sustainability lecture serie, on SDGs as part of the narrative and culture of universities.
After a short welcome and inputs by the panellists on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in general, the institutional implementation and the role of (Aurora) universities in achieving and contributing to these Goals took centre stage in this web conference. The discussion spanned against the background of the Aurora European Universities Alliance work package “Sustainability Pioneers”, which focuses on the implementation of an SDG Research and SDG Education Dashboard, SDG Education Offerings and a Sustainable Campus Plan.
The web conference was opened by Tilmann Märk, who is the rector of the Universität Innsbruck. Thereafter, the following panellists continued the discourse on the narrative of SDGs and university culture:
- Irma Eloff, Professor of Educational Psychology at the University of Pretoria and a guest professor at Universität Innsbruck, Department for Teacher Education and School Research. Her research focuses primarily on SDG 3 “Good Health & Well-Being” and SDG 4 “Quality Education”
- Kees Kouwenaar, Aurora General Secretary. He is in charge of the Aurora Alliance Management Team implementing the Aurora Alliance programme
- Bernhard Fügenschuh, Vice Rector for Student Affairs and Teaching at Universität Innsbruck; Professor for Structural Geology and Geodynamics
- Wolfgang Streicher, Vice-Rector for Infrastructure at Universität Innsbruck; Professor of energy-efficient construction with special consideration of the use of renewable energy
The web conference can be rewatched and is accessible for those who are interested. In order to access the recording:
- Please go to the following link: https://lms.uibk.ac.at/auth/RepositoryEntry/4877517102/CourseNode/102812789741028
- Change language from German to English
- Click on “Guest Access”
- Click on “Aufzeichnungen” (=Records), the navigation bar on the left side of the screen.
Please be aware, that we recommend Google Chrome (Safari and Windows Explorer cannot be recommended).
For more information on our past web conference, please visit our website: https://www.uibk.ac.at/international/aurora/news/web-conference.html