The Aurora Student Champion Scheme provides students from Network and Alliance institutions to reach out to the student body and offer a voluntary position to several students that can serve as channels for Aurora Student work and for the Alliance projects.
A student champion will help the Aurora Student Council expand its work, would you like to join us and be part of the success of the inaugural year of the project?
The Aurora Student Council is made up of representatives from across the Aurora Alliance and Aurora Network members, working to support and help advise the Aurora universities’ senior management to help drive its collective ambitions forward. As a council, we are committed to the social impact of our activities, with a common interest in the SDGs, engaging our student communities in everything we do.
Becoming an Aurora Student Champion means being interested in the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), being keen on bringing internationalisation to the classroom and having an interest in representing your university. They will collate 40-hours of evidence during the academic year, reflecting on values that are important to themselves and Aurora. In short, they will be able to:
- Show how academic work and learning links to the values of Aurora.
- Gain evidence from a project lead on engagement in an Aurora task-team.
- Work with a student from another institution on solutions to an Aurora topic.
- Write a reflective piece as a learner in relation to Aurora.
We are seeking ten students from each of the eleven partners. Could one of them be you? By participating in the Aurora Student Champions Scheme, you will not only be able to enhance their academic studies and earn ECTs but also:
- Give something back to your student community.
- Help create a more sustainable future.
- Demonstrate and increase a range of transferable skills
- Gain evidence to show to future employers
- Receive an Aurora certified reference upon completion
Register your interest here to attend the online briefing to get more information on the Aurora Student Champion Scheme.
Interested in applying? On Friday, November 6th, from 13:00-14:00, the online briefing will take place and the application form will go live. Complete the online application form by Monday, November 11, at 13:00 CEST. The champions will be announced on Monday, November 16th.
Find out more about the Scheme and the role description by clicking the buttons below the page. Find out more about the work of Aurora here