The Aurora Student Champion Scheme provides students from Network and Alliance institutions to reach out to the student body and offer a voluntary position to several students that can serve as channels for Aurora Student work and for the Alliance projects.
The Aurora Student Council is made up of representatives from across the Aurora Alliance and Aurora Network members, working to support and help advise the Aurora universities’ senior management to help drive its collective ambitions forward. As a council, we are committed to the social impact of our activities, with a common interest in the SDGs, engaging our student communities in everything we do.
Becoming an Aurora Student Champion means being interested in the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), being keen on bringing internationalisation to the classroom and having an interest in representing your university. They will collate 40-hours of evidence during the academic year, reflecting on values that are important to themselves and Aurora. Submitted academic work during the Scheme can be in the first language. In short, they will be able to:
- Show how academic work and learning links to the values of Aurora.
- Gain evidence from a project lead on engagement in an Aurora task-team.
- Work with a student from another institution on solutions to an Aurora topic.
- Write a reflective piece as a learner in relation to Aurora.
We are seeking ten students from each of the partners. Could one of them be you? By participating in the Aurora Student Champions Scheme, you will not only be able to enhance their academic studies but also:
- Give something back to your student community.
- Help create a more sustainable future.
- Demonstrate and increase a range of transferable skills
- Gain evidence to show to future employers
- Receive an Aurora certified reference upon completion
Applications for the first phase of recruitment are closed and successful Champions will complete their training in 2020.
You can watch a recording of the online briefing here to find out more about the Scheme. If you are interested in applying for the second phase of the Aurora Student Champion Scheme, please email email@example.com.
Find out more about the Aurora Student Champion Scheme, the Briefing Presentation, and the Role Description by clicking the buttons below. Find out more about the work of Aurora here.