General Council and Board
Aurora has a general council which consists of the rectors/presidents of the Aurora universities – or their formal representatives. The general council meets twice a year. Around these statutory meetings, the more encompassing Aurora Biannual meetings have evolved.
Alongside the general council, the aurora universities Network has a board of three rectors and presidents who are charged with the management of the association. Since October 2019 the board composition is:
- UEA President David Richardson, Aurora President
- VU Amsterdam President Mirjam van Praag, member
- U Iceland rector Jón Atli Benediktsson, member
Aurora also works closely with its coordinators who are the oil to keep the Aurora engine working. Aurora coordinators consist of Institutional coordinators and Communication officers.
Each Aurora university has an “institutional coordinator” who monitors the Aurora activities in their own institution as well as in the network. At some universities, this role is shared.
- VU Amsterdam: Esmee Paques (email@example.com)
- University of Iceland: Friðrika Harðardóttir (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Hálldor Jónsson (email@example.com)
- University of East Anglia: Richard Harvey (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- University of Innsbruck: Thomas Baumgartner (email@example.com)
- University of Duisburg-Essen: Petra Günther (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- University of Aberdeen: Richard P.K. Wells (email@example.com) and Stephen Hill (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- University of Naples Federico II: Alessandro Arienzo (email@example.com)
- Université Grenoble Alpes: Jérôme Gensel (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Sabine Sainte-Rose (email@example.com)
- University of Rovira i Virgili: Marina Casals (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Aurora has a dedicated communications officer at each member. The group of Aurora communications officers is chaired by University of Iceland communications’ director Jón Örn Guðbjartsson (email@example.com).
The Aurora network is supported by a small central office consisting of 3 part time collaborators: